Friday 5 February 2016

JANUARY WRAP-UP

Hello! SO I finished three books in January and there are two that I am still reading!

The first book I read was The Maze Runner by James Dashner. I pretty much knew what to expect because I had seen the movie about a year prior and I really enjoyed it. The book was good and what I really liked was that it's primary focus wasn't on a romantic relationship. It was actually about survival and getting out of the maze. I feel like it's easy for books to kind of forget the main point of the story and get too swept up in the romance side - not to say I don't still enjoy that, though.

The next two books I read were, of course, The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure - the two sequels by James Dashner. I didn't really know what to expect with these two, although I knew that The Scorch Trials movie was very different to the book, but I really liked The Scorch Trials! I thought it was interesting and I wanted to keep reading to know what happens - despite this being apparently the least popular out of the series.

The Death Cure was probably my least favourite out of all three - I read majority of it in one sitting and then it took me quite a while to finish the last third of the book. I just didn't find it as gripping or as interesting as the first two.
And although I generally enjoyed the stories of all three books, I'm not that crazy about James Dashner's writing style. It's quite young, something I'm moving further away from, though it does make the read very easy.

I do have the fourth book, The Kill Order (which is a prequel), on my kindle but I am not in any rush to read it, though I'm sure I will at some point in time.

Have you read these books? What did you think of them?
-Gracie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment